Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
At Insights, we provide organizations in the UK with a road map and procedures that support the business and its strategy in unforeseen circumstances by implementing a business continuity plan (BCP). With the aid of a solid strategy, every organization in the UK can react to unforeseen events quickly and effectively. Our BCP consulting services are designed to maintain the accessibility of essential services and to ensure a quick recovery in the event of an emergency.
Need for BCP:
All businesses in the UK probably begin with the simple objective of making money, yet in the first five years of operation, many small firms are successful while others fail frequently. Some may complain about a lack of funding, while others may fault ineffective leadership, both of which are accurate. It’s interesting that so few people make future plans. Here, BCP can be of help by assisting with the adoption of steps to combat risks, both internal and external, that might wish to interfere with your everyday operations.
Our experts create comprehensive recovery plans and strategies that address the real-world consequences of a power outage on your business and assist you in mitigating business, environmental, man-made, and technology risks in your business from the Business impact assessment to plan development and testing.
When do you require BCP:
Business continuity is important in an era where downtime is unacceptable. There are several reasons why there is downtime. Threats like cybercrime and catastrophic weather seem to be escalating. It’s crucial to have a business continuity plan in place that considers any potential operational disruptions. When you are unsure how to proceed, you will need the assistance of experts or Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Consultants to guide you through the process.
Business continuity is a life cycle and should be part of organizational culture. There is no end – only continual review, refinement, and improvement as necessary. Business continuity must be viewed as an ongoing function; if it is viewed as a project with an end, it will become stale and ineffectual. BCP Development shall incorporate at least the following elements:
- Develop a Business Recovery Strategy;
- Develop an emergency response plan to structure the response of each department to an interruption;
- Develop a crisis management plan to enable an organization to manage any crisis event regardless of cause;
- Design technical recovery solutions (applications, systems, network, storage); and
- Design data management and protection standards, policies, and procedures.
Approach & Methodology for BCP:
Plans can look fine on paper, but they may not work as planned in an incident unless they are completely tested in an operational context and experiences are absorbed and utilized. Stakeholders must gain a better understanding of the essential procedures involved in the Business Continuity Plan to make it fair, transparent, and efficient. Although the method varies from organization to organization, the following is the strategy we take:
- Determine which services are critical to the functioning of the business, which will be done through risk assessments and business impact assessments.
- Recognize the importance of the human factor in identifying the right individuals to be a part of the reaction team or the initial responders to an incident. Insights in the UK will develop an emergency response plan, Crisis Management, Disaster recovery, and data protection plans in accordance with business structure and nature.
- For a business continuity plan to be fully functioning and up to date, it must be updated concurrently with important organizational, system, or company changes including testing, changes, and updates in the BCP plan as the business and strategy mature.
Insights in the UK have developed an innovative process for Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that helps organizations implement and maintain an effective approach to continuity planning. We work with your leadership team to define cost benefits and deliver value without intrusion or interruption to operations.
We focus on integration in order to:
- Assess the maturity of your BCM program against best practices or support the development of your program from business impact analysis through testing.
- Maintain operations seamlessly without operational or financial burden & exposure.
- Safeguard company reputation.
- Uncover risks that would otherwise be hidden.